THIS BLOG HAS MOVED UP IN THE WORLD

Check out our new content at: http://ynteonline.com

Friday, October 1, 2010

September Roundup!

Matt and I have both pulled through another month. At this point I owe Matt a minimum of 20 dollars by the end of the year, but if he keeps up this consistency, it will be the full 50.

At this point I am declaring the gauntlet A SUCCESS. The blog has been doing better than ever, officially having the most posts of any year, and there are still many months to go.

So the question that crops up is this: How will we top it next year?

I've got some ideas, nothing final yet. Here's a few of the things bouncing around my head.
-Upping the number of posts needed per month before a payout. 7? 10? 5.3?
-Adding a per-post payment for mooks like Steve and Tom who don't hit the threshold (not as much as if they had)
-Bringing in more writers (unpaid at first?) Umi? Jason? Rena? Who knows?
-Alternate Revenue Streams (Maybe KFC will sponsor us, or at least send us some sweat pants)
-A podcast?
-More regular (monthly/weekly, etc) posts, like YNTE Movie Night
-Sharing incentives?

That's what I've come up with so far, By the end of the year I should have it all fleshed out into a more solid plan. But I would love your input and ideas! Anything to add? Any ideas seem unreasonable? What do y'all think?

No comments: