THIS BLOG HAS MOVED UP IN THE WORLD

Check out our new content at: http://ynteonline.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Episode I sucks.


My past 5 attempts to watch the Star Wars movies have been thwarted by Episode I. My intention has been to watch them I-VI, but I've not even made it to the 1 hour mark in Phantom Menace without deciding I had something better to do.

So this time, I watched 4-6. And I was reminded how good they are. This is really the first time I've seen them as an adult, and they deserve every bit of praise that is given to them. So coming down off Return, I decide to go straight into Phantom Menace; the thought being that my being really excited about Star Wars will make the film more watchable. It has not. Right now it's paused at about the 50 minute mark, and I'm trying to work up the willpower to keep watching.

The sad thing is, I'm anal retentive about this particular thing, so I can't just skip ahead to 2 and 3, as much as I might like to. I've only seen Revenge of the Sith one time, in theaters, and remember it being fairly good. But for some strange reason, I won't allow myself to watch it unless i first watch the Jar Jar Horror-fest.

The sad thing? I used to love this movie when I was a kid. I owned not one, but two copies of it on VHS. I guess this just goes to show that kids are stupid.

Anyway, I'm going back to it. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Matt said...

The next time you're tempted to watch Episode 1, start reading this instead:

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0001.html

I'm sure it'll be much more enjoyable than the first movie. They've got all the way through episode 1 and are working on episode 2 now >_>