THIS BLOG HAS MOVED UP IN THE WORLD

Check out our new content at: http://ynteonline.com

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An Interesting Concert

So on Saturday, I got to go to one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I got to see Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers play at the Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodenville. Now I've been a fan of Steve Martin my whole life, ever since I found his 1978 comedy album at the library. And to see him perform comedy and banjo live was amazing. (Also, the bassist of the Steep Canyon Rangers had a beer compartment in the back of his bass. Was awesome).

But the atmosphere of the concert was weird. It was an Amphitheater, so it was outdoors, and plastic chairs were set up on a concrete area, while the rest of the seating was on the lawn. That's not the weird thing though, the strange thing was that it was full of older people with high-class tastes. No beer and popcorn, but wine and cheese. It was kinda funny hearing the clatter of full wine bottles falling and breaking every so often.

Overall though it was a great time. Comedy, banjo, and a guy who seemed super nervous sitting next to me who I wanted to punch in the face.

No comments: