THIS BLOG HAS MOVED UP IN THE WORLD

Check out our new content at: http://ynteonline.com

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The similarity is remarkable

I've been a big Evanescence fan for a long time, mainly because they named their band after me. Just a few days ago I did a wikipedia search to see if they had a new album coming out soon, and found that they had one coming soon, but there still wasn't a lot of details on it.

So imagine my surprise when I was driving and heard what sounded, pitch for pitch like a new Evanescence song.

It turns out it was by a band called "We Are The Fallen" that is made up almost entirely of former Evanescence members, just with a new lead singer. In fact, their name is even a reference to the Evanescence album "Fallen".

I'm really enjoying their first album, which was released today, but some have complained that it's too derivative. Is that possible? Can you sound too much like yourself?

Listen to their first single below and let me know what you think.

No comments: